- Where: Hawrelak Park
- # of Volunteers Needed: 40
- Start Date: Friday, 12 February 2016
- End Date: Sunday, 21 February 2016
- Brief Description: Do you love winter sports and activities? Want to spend time in Hawrelak Park during an exciting winter festival? Volunteer at Edmonton's longest running winter festival. The Silver Skate Festival is looking for volunteers to help with the festival which runs from February 12 – 21.The Festivals is a 10-day, family-oriented festival that is held in Edmonton's scenic river valley. Rooted in Dutch winter traditions, the festival combines sport (especially skating), arts and culture, and recreation. Celebrating its 26th anniversary in 2016, the Silver Skate Festival is the longest running winter festival in Edmonton. Over the years, it has grown in leaps and bounds, from a small skating event to a large-scale, winter extravaganza. Last year, more than 85,000 visitors came out to play. Volunteers needed to greet the welcome/info tent, supervise recreation activities, monitor fires, direct races, and do site maintenance.
- Contact Name: Karen Mykietka
- Contact Phone: 780-278-4812