- Where: Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village
- # of Volunteers Needed: 5
- Start Date: Thursday, 11 February 2016
- End Date: Thursday, 11 February 2016
- Brief Description: There’s nothing quite like greeting a vehicle full of beaming, enthusiastic and jolly skiers on a cool, dark morning! Unless, that is, you are a skier yourself and are welcomed with a warm smile and a wave by a dedicated Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village (UCHV) volunteer! Over 1,000 skiers participate in the 55km, 55km Lite or the 31km races which mean that volunteers help prepare the Long Start area and park over 550 vehicles each event! Next year brings the introduction of a brand new 40km skate-ski event which will entice even more winter enthusiasts and we are looking for volunteers to help out.
- Contact Name: Karen Johnsrud
- Contact Phone: 780-662-3855
Not a morning person, but still want to help? We need volunteers to help set up signage, scaffolding, pylons and ski racks prior to the event. Set-up day is Thursday, February 11 beginning at 9 a.m. The shift will end by approximately 12 p.m. and we will provide donuts and hot chocolate.
The Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village (UCHV) is a provincially operated outdoor living history museum presenting the history of east central Alberta from a predominantly Ukrainian perspective. More than 30 historic buildings from the surrounding community have been relocated to the site presenting the time frame of 1892 – 1930. Costumed role players portray real people who once lived in the region, allowing visitors to travel back in time to learn about the area’s history, people and culture.Website: www.ukrainianvillage.ca