The University of Alberta Athletics department is hosting the annual Track and Field event, the Golden Bears Open 2015, from Friday January 23rd to Sunday January 25th.
We are currently recruiting volunteers and were thinking that maybe some of your students would be interested in volunteering.
The positions we are recruiting for are:
• Hospitality - assisting with the hospitality loung
• Track Level Assistant
◦ Starters Assistant - setting up starter blocks & Hurdles; counting laps; etc
◦ Field Level Assistant - measure distance, retrieve weights; raking sand; etc
◦ Results Runner - running the results to the appropriate people; etc
◦ Marshal Volunteer - getting the athletes ready for races
◦ Registration/Awards Assistant - registration of volunteers; etc
All the positions do NOT require special or extra training and can be filled by High School students. We also have a lot of different options regarding date, time and length, so you can choose whichever one works best for you!
If you are interested in volunteering please visit following page http://uasports.ivolunteer.com/gbo15 to sign up for specific times and position.
We appreciate your help!